Cities and suburbs, real and imaginary.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I wrote my senator regarding Dr Watts' recent conviction

And, here is the response I got. To which I say, WTF, Republican Saxby Chambliss?

Dear Mr. McDermott:



Thank you for contacting me regarding S. 1536, the "Avoiding Life-Endangering and Reckless Texting by Drivers (ALERT) Act of 2009." It is good to hear from you.



S. 1536 was introduced on July 29, 2009, and referred to the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee. This legislation would require each state to ban the sending of text or e-mail messages while operating a car, bus, or truck. If a state does not comply, it would risk losing 25% of its annual federal highway funding each year. I will keep your comments in mind should this bill come before the full Senate.



If you would like to receive timely email alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my web site at: www.chambliss.senate.gov . Please let me know whenever I may be of assistance.

Post a Comment