Cities and suburbs, real and imaginary.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

about amy sisson and strange horizons

So, the gas crunch struck, and nobody has the money they need to throw at worthy causes like Strange Horizons' annual drive.

At ApolloCon, I once again ran into Amy Sisson and had a chance to chat and socialize with her.

She was running the writer's workshop at ApolloCon, and I had full confidence that everyone in her workshop was learning and improving. Amy's awesome.

Strange Horizons has two of her peices archived for your reading pleasure:

http://www.strangehorizons.com/2007/20070924/minghun-f.shtml
http://www.strangehorizons.com/2007/20070430/fella-f.shtml

Amy is fun at parties, and a great writer. The place that's published her and paid her money and brought her to the world's attention is in need of your support.

1 comment:

Lola said...

I'm pretty sure you pre-dated this one too but Amy is awesome! Her comments were very helpful and she did a great job running the workshop. Also as a former graduate of Clarion West, she was able to give me advice on applying next year. Just wanted to laud Amy. As I've already done in my own blog.