Cities and suburbs, real and imaginary.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Home Safe to a Thousand e-mails...

I graduated with an MFA on Saturday, from the University of Southern Maine's Stonecoast Program in Creative Writing. For budding writers at most points in their career, learning is good and wholesomd and true. I read books I would never have read, wrote stories I did not know I would write, and made many good friends. I came home to a thousand e-mails, and two deadlines, and some news: the second book of the Dogsland Trilogy comes in February, called When We Were Executioners. I am diving into the wreck, reaching at bones and jewels for a while, and savoring this time away from wires. Sweet dreams until my return, oh internets.

1 comment:

Preita said...

I can't wait until the second book comes out! :) I'm really looking forward to it. Congrats on graduating! As much as I love books and writing I hated every single on of my english and writing classes. I think it had to do with the professors not the classes themselves. Probably why I graduated in art.