Cities and suburbs, real and imaginary.

Monday, December 8, 2008

Book recommendation...

I think this is the new book to pick up this month, by the way, amongst all you regular commenters and lurkers around these parts.

If you haven't seen this one, go check it out. I bet you'll like it. I sure did. New Weird is lurking across the epic fantasy landscape in such a compelling way. Soon there will be no separation between "New Weird" and "Fantasy" because all fantasy will be compelled to include New Weird elements. (You know, a person who has an ant colony inside her head, or a golem/zombie entity. Stuff like that.)

(Patrice, I swear your book is like right on top of my to-read pile, and I'll get it down before the end of the week, I promise!)

http://www.amazon.com/Engines-Child-Holly-Phillips/dp/0345499654/

Post a Comment