Cities and suburbs, real and imaginary.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

About Google Docs

As shitty as google docs is for laying out text in any sort of format, I've become exceedingly fond of this word processing tool. It's backed up over the internet automatically. It passes from computer to computer as casually as a webpage. When I go to open a file, I move backwards in time through all versions of the file, to protect myself from vault source errors.

There are likely better programs and ways among the geeks and software aficianados, but one is hard-pressed to locate a software as totally free and tied to the respectably respectable Google servers which are far more safe and secure than my servers. (My "server" can often be found sitting by itself at a cafe next to a cup of coffee while I am in the bathroom... Even my jump drives get dribbled all over my apartment in who knows what corner.)

No comments: