Cities and suburbs, real and imaginary.

Monday, November 5, 2007

my bag got very heavy

these are all the books i took home from world fantasy convention, either as gifts or purchased in the dealer's room.
(signed by the author during the Zombies Eat Brains Party)

Also autographed. Hal Duncan is one of the coolest human beings on earth, and I am proud to call him my new friend.

Some of the things we got for free in the blue bag, in totally random order:





"The Princess of the Golden Cage" by Nathalie Marchant (Night Shade Books 2007)

"The Wit and Wisdom of Discworld" by Terry Pratchett, hardcover for free in the blue bag of free books given to each attendee!

I purchased these things in the dealer's room, among many others and in no order whatsoever:

Electric Velocipede Issues # 10, #13







we also got a tasty sampler of one of my most highly anticipated things to read this year (which is currently dangling in front of my nose to encourage me to finish this round of revisions):



I just have to say that the dealer's room was like a dream bookstore. Not only was it jammed to the gills with all of the books I want that I have trouble finding locally, but often the authors and editors were also browsing around cheerfully signing everything in sight and shaking hands and talking.

Um, this isn't everything by a long shot, but I'm tired of digging through the bag and I want to spend more time reading now than talking about what I'm reading and I'm revising my own book right now and I have gobs and gobs of catching up to do if I plan on actually accomplishing anything.

I'll be back, at your service, in the morning.

No comments: