Cities and suburbs, real and imaginary.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

In case you were wondering what working on the Nebula Novels Jury does to your reading habits...

My Best 15 of the year list (from last year) appears at Omnivoracious, the Amazon Book Blog.

*Link*

When you spend so much time reading deep in genre, you end up not straying too far when new books come out. That literary novel just needs more zombies. That biography could use with a few more space ninjas, and assassination plots.

Even when I strayed from the Nebula Novels Jury, I washed ashore among deeply genre short story anthologies.

I have weird taste. Everyone does. Feel free to disagree with me, here, there, and everywhere in the comments.

2 comments:

Pony English said...

Wow. I can not agree with your first choice at all. I was the first to review it on Amazon, I gave it one star, a few others have followed suit, another has describe my dislike more eloquently than I had. But hey, if you could find something to like in it, then I guess the Powers That Be have granted you a lot in perception to see diamonds in the rough.

I’m really liking The Resurrectionist, I’m only in chapter 14, it’s weird. A good weird, not a Mulholland Drive weird. After that I’m reading Liberation followed by Black Ships. I’ll let you know how those turn out.

And, but of course, I would have nominated your book as well.

Pony English said...

BTW, the Magician and the Fool wasn't bad either. I've just not got many other 2008's sitting around. Alot of '07's. I'm two years behind the curve.