Cities and suburbs, real and imaginary.

Monday, August 3, 2009

Apparently, I'm following in Carol Berg's footsteps...

So, I went to the same high school as Carol Berg, a few years after she graduated (Nolan Catholic High School, in Fort Worth, TX).

Apparently, I'm in the same graduate program as she graduated from (University of Southern Maine's Low Residency MFA).

I hope I also follow in the footsteps of her many publications and successes.

Honestly, I feel kinda weird about it. At least we went to different undergrad programs, and live in different parts of the world.

Also, elementary school? Probably different.

5 comments:

Patrice Sarath said...

Those are some good footprints to be following in.

J m mcdermott said...

No joke!

Carol Berg said...

Depends which Carol Berg you are talking about....There is the Carol Berg who writes Science Fiction and there is the Carol Berg (me) who writes poetry who just got her MFA in Poetry from Stonecoast in Maine....

carolwriter said...

No MFA for me - the Carol Berg who went to Nolan and writes epic fantasy. Though I love poetic language, actual poetry itself is much too difficult for me!!

Best of luck with your writing. Come on along for the ride.

Carol Berg - the other one

J m mcdermott said...

Really?

You couldn't let me have my convenient fantasy?

Oh, well. Great finally meeting you!