Cities and suburbs, real and imaginary.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Today is a good day for a Challenge that Might Lead to New Free Fiction!

I have this story. I don't really know what to do with it. It's a bit long-ish for most magazines, and the ones that do accept this length don't really want an anime-inspired far future romp from the point of view of a rogue, sentient AI in a very strange world.

For about five minutes I thought I might sell it, myself, as a Kindle short. But, I changed my mind, because when I'm through with my current commitments, I'm going to look into expanding it into a full-length science fiction novel.

But, still, I'd like to do something with this work that I have. I want to do something good, and you probably might like to read it.

So, I have an idea for a challenge to you as my loyal reader. It will take everyone working together to achieve this goal.

I noticed the other day that WOMEN AND MONSTERS shot up the ranking of American Literature Short Fiction Collections after a couple sales (Thanks, whoever you are!) and it also occurred to me that it wouldn't take too many sales of any of my books or eBooks to get them up to the top of one of the more obscure lists on Amazon or Barnes and Noble. I mean, if just a handful shoots me up into the top 40 in that particular category, it isn't much more to get to #1, right?

This is where you come in, loyal reader. I will post the short story here, if any one of my works makes it to #1 on ANY Amazon or Barnes and Noble category or list. Any one of them, at all. WOMEN AND MONSTERS on the Kindle looks like the easiest, considering it didn't take much to get into the top forty of eBook American Short Story Collections, but I would be ecstatic if WHEN WE WERE EXECUTIONERS was the #1 fantasy novel even for a moment on the Kindle or the Nook. I would flip out. 


I would start giving things away like crazy. Including the original novel, NEVER KNEW ANOTHER.

So, if you would like this strange story posted to my blog that will probably become a sneak preview of a novel I will be trying to write this year after my current commitments expire, now is your chance. Tell your friends. Spread the word. Encourage. #1 in anything at all on Amazon, BnN, anything. Anything at all.

Go forth, my loyal readers.

You have until Monday at 9:00 am.

No comments: