Cities and suburbs, real and imaginary.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

i don't get this. can a techie explain?

i cannot open my yahoo e-mail. i haven't been able to for quite some time.

i can stop the page loading, and view the source code. then, i can read the message just fine, mixed in with all the garbledegook of descending htmls and xmls and javas.

if i can view the source code without a hitch, how come i can't actually open the darn e-mail in a browser window proper?

snakes alive this has become not only annoying, but career-dampening!

so, techies, any lowdown or throwdown on my yahoo meltdown?

(this has been happening since before i ran my computer over with my car...)

wild speculation encouraged.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO blame the Greycaps...

3 comments:

Charles said...

Were you using the old yahoo or the new yahoo?

I suspect the browser couldn't load the thing, whether the browser itself is old/incompatible or your Internet connection is too slow to load all the data.

Try switching to a different browser and see if it works on that other browser. Or better yet, someone else's computer. If you're using the "new" yahoo, I suggest reverting to the "classic" one.

. said...

I need to know your O.S.(laptop/desktop too!) and what browser you were using because I suspect it had to do with IP6/IP4 problems.

Ah well.

J m mcdermott said...

I'm using a Gateway that got hit by a car a couple weeks ago.

Though, the problems did come on and off before the rear bumper and undercarriage of my car arrived on the scene.

I'm also using Windows XP.

I still blame Greycaps.