Cities and suburbs, real and imaginary.

Monday, July 21, 2008

just to let everyone know...

I've heard some very bad news.

I could rant on end about Hasbro's folly, but businesses have been engaged in folly for quite some time, and most of them seem to come out of it all right. As Steve Tem says over at shocklines, "That's Showbiz". These sorts of things do happen, I'm afriad.

I do want everyone to know that to my knowledge I am unaffected by this. My book will have its run. The mass market paperback is coming out.

Wizards of the Coast Discoveries hasn't made any public announcements that I'm aware of, and I'm not going to announce anything here if you don't already know, or can't find out over at shocklines, Steve and Melanie Tem's blog.

I do want to use this opportunity to remind everyone about how writers best deal with career hiccups.

We write new, more, and better stuff. We send out to people who buy it and publish it. We build our audience.

That is always the solution to our career difficulties.

Even scenarios that involve lawsuits... We writers let lawyers be lawyers and agents be agents. We go write new, more, and better stuff. We send it out to people who buy it and publish it. We build our audience.

That is how writers problem-solve. At least, that's what I'm doing, and I'm pretty sure it will work just fine at solving all the problems on my horizon.

Post a Comment